Man with a Sheep
Picasso’s first sculpture to be installed in a public space, as the artist intended, Man with a Sheep watches over the market square and is a focal point for visitors.
It was produced in 1943 and gifted to the town in 1949 as thanks for the warm welcome Picasso received. As a mark of gratitude, the town gave Picasso honorary citizen status.
There are two other copies of this sculpture, one in Philadelphia and the other at the Picasso Museum in Paris..
At the Place Paul Isnard, entitled “Man with a Sheep”
in 1 click